- J. Kobayashi Co., Ltd. (“JK”) will stipulate provisions concerning the protection of personal information, and ensure that its executives and employees are well informed of those provisions. In addition, JK will request its transaction partners, etc. be compliance with the laws and regulations with regard to the handling of personal information, as well as supervise, guide or consult therewith when necessary.
- In the collection of personal information, JK will state the objectives of collection and use in advance, and use those properly within that scope. It will use the collected personal information mainly for the following objectives:
1) For confirmation of products or services purchased or registered, and for delivery thereof
- For confirmation of applications for events or seminars, etc., and for distribution of email
- For confirmation of applications for email distribution services and for distribution of email
- For confirmation of registration with various member services, and for distribution of email
- For charging and payment for various products and services and for confirmation thereof
- For providing guidance for continuing subscriptions to periodical publications to which customers are subscribed
- For sending thank-you gifts, etc. for surveys, etc. in which customers have cooperated
- For sending premiums, etc. for prize contests, etc. for which customers have applied
2) For provision or improvement of products or services that customers are using, and for development of new services
- For improvement of the contents of products, services and websites, etc. to be more satisfactory for customers
- For customization of contents of products, services and website, etc. to suit users
- For surveying satisfaction with information or products, etc. ordered by customers
- For tracking the status of use by customers and making use thereof for improvement of services and development of new services
3) For provision of information in relation to products and services offered
- For provision of guidance on periodicals, books, digital contents, various member services, and various other services
- For tracking the status of use of such things as products, services and websites, and for provision of information and surveys, etc. on JK, as well as companies and organizations that are considered beneficial for customers
Please note that, if there is any change in information which may disrupt the delivery of products or charging out of the collected personal information, such as the names of municipalities and zip codes, names of financial institutions or credit card expiration dates, etc., JK may change the registered information.
In addition, collected personal information may be associated with other information under management by JK.
JK will not provide to a third party personal information provided by the customer unless there is justifiable reason to do so such as in cases under the laws or regulations, or except for in the case where any of the following items is applicable.
- When there is the prior consent of the customer
- When disclosed as “statistical data” by which an individual cannot be distinguished
- When confirming the validity of bank accounts or credit cards, etc. of users with financial institutions and card companies, etc. in procedures of settlement for credit cards, etc. accompanying the use of paid services or orders for products
- When outsourcing handling of personal information to a third party within the scope necessary for achievement of the purposes of use
- JK will take measures necessary for personnel and technical aspects in order to prevent alteration, leaks of or unauthorized access to personal information or the like.
- When JK receives a request for disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use of personal data in its possession by the person himself/herself that provided the relevant information, as soon as the identification of the person is confirmed, JK will endeavor to deal with the matter swiftly in accordance with the laws and regulations based on the principle of speedy processing.
Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information
JK respects the privacy of readers and on the website ikki (“ikki”) it will handle the personal information of users that is acquired via the website in accordance with the following policies.
Protection of personal information
On the use of personal information
JK will not provide to or share with a third party the personal information provided by users who access ikki without the consent of the user himself/herself. However, in the following cases, JK may provide information regarding the user without the consent of the user within the minimum necessary scope.
- When provided in the form of statistical information by which an individual cannot be identified for the purpose of research and analysis of trends of use of websites aiming at improvement of offered services
- When necessary for the protection of life, health, assets and rights, etc. of users who access the websites and besides it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
- When a national agency or local municipality request cooperation to execute operations set forth in the laws or regulations
Data retention period
ikki do not retain personal information of users in excess of the period necessary for the purposes of collecting the information such as questionnaires or applications for gifts, or in excess of the period stipulated under the governing laws or related laws and regulations. If the information is kept as record for information related to questionnaires, it will be handled as statistical information, after excluding personal information.
- In order to distinguish the PC used by the accessing person by the type of OS or browser, or IP address, etc., and ascertaining information on which pages were previously viewed by the relevant PC
By changing the settings of your browser, it is possible to refuse to receive Cookies or have a warning be displayed when receiving a Cookie. Please not in advance that, although most of the services on ikki can be used even if the browser does not accept Cookies, without Cookies, there may be restrictions such as improper functioning of services that the user can use, or significant decline of reaction speed, and furthermore, there may be cases where the user becomes unable to use the service itself.
At JK, we consider it extremely important to ensure the safety of all user related information by which identification of individuals is possible, and pay strict attention when receiving personal information sent from the computer of the user who accesses our websites to the web server of JK using industry-standard SSL encryption technologies. However, unfortunately, it is difficult to guarantee 100% safe data transmission via the Internet. Therefore, JK cannot completely guarantee technically the safety of the information transmitted by users at their responsibility or information received at Online Services of JK at the present stage.
Should you have any question or claim, kindly contact us from CONTACT US page.